Our award-winning Insight Programme is your opportunity to get one step closer to our Leadership Development Programme (LDP).
A two-week paid internship, Insight will help you to develop key employability skills and inspire young people in school studying science, technology, engineering and maths (STEM). You will spend the first week at our London office focusing on training and personal development, attending sessions with the Teach First team, our Platinum Partners, ambassadors (alumni) and a selection of our partner social enterprises.
This will prepare you for the second week, where you will be placed in one of our partner schools across England and Wales. The programme will give you the opportunity not only to teach your own lesson, but to find out more about the problem of educational inequality first-hand.
If you're looking to develop the kinds of skills that employers look for - teamwork, reslience, confidence, communication - this internship is ideal. There are also plenty of opportunites to make professional connections, engage with our work, and find out how you can continue to work with Teach First in the future. Insight participants are eligible to fast-track through the initial stages of the application process for our Leadership Development Programme, and our Brand Manager Programme.
- Penultimate year undergraduates, or undergraduates in their second or third year of a four year course
- STEM specialists - either studying for a STEM degree or have A-levels (A*- B) in the following subjects: two sciences (biology, chemistry or physics) and/or maths and/or technology (DT or ICT)
- Attend tailored personal development sessions to increase your skill set and employability
- Work with experts to learn the techniques that you will need in the classroom
- Observe teaching techniques in action and find out what it is really like in the classroom
- Understand the STEM challenge and the inequalities in our education system
- Salary of £250 per week and accommodation provided by Teach First
- Fast-track through initial stages of the application process for our LDP and Brand Manager Programme (provided you meet the criteria)
Our Insight Programme runs in the spring and summer of 2017:
28 March - 7 April
6 June - 16 June