Insight is an opportunity to experience a snapshot of our Leadership Development Programme (LDP), develop employability skills and inspire young people studying Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM).
This two-week residential programme is a paid opportunity. You will spend the first week at our London office and focusing on training and personal development. This will prepare you for the second week, where you will be placed in one of our partner schools across England and Wales. The programme will give you the opportunity not only to teach your own lesson, but to find out more about the problem of educational inequality first-hand.
- Penultimate year undergraduates, or undergraduates in their second or third year of a four year course
- STEM specialists - either studying for a STEM degree or have A-levels (A*- B) in the following subjects: two sciences (biology, chemistry or physics) and/or maths and/or technology (DT or ICT)
- Attend tailored personal development sessions to increase your skill set and employability
- Work with experts to learn the techniques that you will need in the classroom
- Observe teaching techniques in action and find out what it is really like in the classroom
- Understand the STEM challenge and the inequalities in our education system
- Salary of £250 per week and accommodation provided by Teach First
- Bypass initial application screening stage for LDP
We are now closed for applications. Please check back in the autumn when we will announce new dates for our Insight Programme.
If you’re interested in a flexible, part-time, paid role on campus, you can apply now to become a Teach First Brand Manager. Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to develop a whole range of transferable skills.